Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tarzan Sunday

Recently we let the oldest watch the Disney movie Tarzan. It is surprisingly, not as scary as most Disney movies can be.  Of course, there is a good verse evil thread, but it doesn't come until more than half way through.  Since its viewing, I have noticed him naming everything Tarzan.  So, today, while Chad and I were out mulching and planting, Chad came across a lizard.  We decided to keep the lizard for a bit,and it was promptly named Tarzan by a certain someone.  We then put it in a jar before a quick stop to PetSmart landed us a small little cage, some mealworms, and crickets.  The lady at the store asked if I would like live crickets.  I quickly told her I could NOT handle that many little creatures.  So, I have a very happy little, almost 4 year old, who finds his own little pet pretty cool! And, once we put enough dirt in the cage, we have yet to see the our little lizard, who has a blue tail.  After a little research, we found out it was a skink lizard.

And, just like Tarzan shows his love to Jane, through wildlife, my boys brought me home extra special flowers...just because!

1 comment: