Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Two Christmases before Christmas

In midst of the shopping, packing, and preparing for our Christmas day celebration, we were able to squeeze in some quality family time with our favorites.
This year, my sister, Meredith and family hosted us at their house for brunch to exchange presents.  We talked a little, and ate alot! Meredith made my mom's breakfast casserole sans gluten. It was so wonderful, I took the recipe all the way with me to NJ to share with my in-laws on Christmas morning. We exchanged gifts, although, our giving was way less than theirs, since they had us this year, and we didn't.  So, not only did they host us, but they gave us awesome presents as well. Hmm..maybe we should do that every year?!I am stealing a picture from her blog, since I failed to bring my camera.
Later in the week, my parents hosted us at their house. My sister, Melissa, swung by to open up her presents from Chad and I.  Even though we didn't get tons of time with her family, I was grateful I was able to see her open some of the more sentimental gifts I have given her in recent years.  With that sentiment..my parents managed to win big in the Christmas cheer from a 4 and 2 year department by granting requests that even Santa couldn't fill.  They were in lego heaven with their individual lego tables. And,of course, a lot of other items that might take up the whole blog.
 so excited to add to our city collection

 my gorgeous parents
 another one!
 cade loving on his papa
 i told cade he needs to practice not squinting for pictures...
 beckett was hungry! but we had to do stockings first...

Of course, in my parents generous style, Chad and I made out huge. Thank you for adding to our wardrobes! We can now walk around confident that we are stylish for 2011 and not 1980...wait...the clothes are starting to look eerily similar. And, I can't wait to go get a chemical peel on my face.  Hopefully my face is still there when I am done. I am sure it will be...it is at the Ritz.  You can't go wrong with the Ritz!
After an hour of opening presents, our stomachs started growling.So,we headed to my parents local sushi  restaurant. It was such a fun treat to eat sushi with my parents. It is definitely one of our family favorites.  The boys especially love the challenge of picking up their noodles and fish with chopsticks. This challenge sure makes eating with them a lot less chaotic! That and their new star wars toys..


Thank you to my family for a great Christmas before Christmas. 

3 comments:

  1. the city lego set looks so fun! i cant wait to see it all put together :) Love to see pics from your celebration with mom and dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful Christmas!

    Happy New Years

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to hear all about the fun yall have had over the past few weeks! so glad you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete