Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Pageant

The past two years, I have looked forward to Cade's Christmas pageant.  At his preschool, every student is apart of the nativity story.  This year, he was picked to be Joseph.  Almost everyone in my family was there to cheer Cade on.  Even though he looks timid walking past us, he was a good actor on stage! In the picture, Mary is behind him, and his donkey is in front of him. His friend who played the donkey was really happy about it.  I laughed because Cade's school is the only school I have seen that actually includes the donkey in the story.
It was interesting to see how many songs these little three and four year olds can learn in a matter of two weeks.  I was quite impressed with their performance. Afterwards, there is a big shindig in the fellowship  hall of the little church that holds the preschool. Since I am one of the room moms this year, I got there early to set up.  Part of my contribution, which I kinda got sucked into doing (although I thoroughly enjoyed it), was to make a special treat for all 51 students.  So, I got crafty and made some Christmas cakepops.  The reindeers were the biggest hit.


No Christmas party would be complete without a visit from Santa.  Cade and his cousin Sophie really enjoyed taking a picture with him.  This definitely was the first year Cade was not afraid of him.

3 comments:

  1. Cade looks like a mini-teenager in the last picture! He did a great job! And the cake pops were amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Great memories, and you are the cake pop queen... I wouldn't even know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second their comments about the cake pops!! Absolutely adorable. And Cade looks precious...what a handsome Joseph. :)

    ReplyDelete