You can just turn on the news (which I prefer not to do) and see that there is so much tragedy, physical battles, and spiritual battles that so many around the world, and even here in the USA, face every day. Specifically, I am talking about our soldiers battling it out on the front lines for freedom. Freedom that allows me, even as I type, to sit on my comfy couch, sipping hot coffee, with soft slippers on my feet. It is certainly convicting to me, to complain less, and pray more. It is convicting to me to focus less on shallow priorities and fading glory. It is convicting to me for my heart to always desire Him, who makes freedom sweeter because He gives true soul freedom.
So, when you think you are having a rough day, or even if everything is going as "planned". Think of those who are fighting for us, those in the 3rd Battalion 5th Marines and their families, who in Afghanistan, lost 9 marines in 4 days. I know I don't think or pray for them as often as I should. But, without their courage, I wouldn't be microwaving my 2nd cup of coffee.
Semper Fi, God Bless America and
God Bless the United States Marine Corps...
Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever.
Justin Allen, 23,
Brett Linley, 29,
Matthew Weikert, 29,
Justus Bartett, 27,
Dave Santos, 21,
Chase Stanley, 21,
Jesse Reed, 26,
Matthew Johnson, 21,
Zachary Fisher, 24,
Brandon King, 23,
Christopher Goeke, 23,
Sheldon Tate, 27,
All are Marines that gave their lives for YOU this week.
Always a good reminder Megan. I can't imagine losing one of my kids when they are only 21. That would paralyze me I think.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this Megan. We haven't lost anyone recently at this base, but in CO Springs, it seemed almost daily.... Even living on base, with a husband in the military, I can get immune to the freedom that the men and women around me are fighting for on my behalf.
ReplyDelete