Lately we have been...
keeping with big man's perfect attendance record at preschool
celebrating some of c's friends birthdays
enjoying some unseasonably warm weather
trying to keep little man well (he just had his first bout of the rotavirus)
waiting patiently for three molars to come in
practicing our abcs and 123s
having lots of adventures with our trucks and cars
regularly participating in dance parties
trying keep b man's appetite satisfied, he would eat me out of house and home!
pretending we are batman
keeping up with BSF
attending C's preschool parent/teacher conference
some nights out for mom, and also a date night here and there for mom and dad
mom got the verizon iphone (totally a highlight of my month!) Although, now all my friends expect me to keep up much better..I am still a work in progress!
enduring the doctor's office
creating crafts for little people's enjoyment
turning 16 months old (today!)
B man carrying his blanket around EVERYWHERE..a tad like linus at times
no more pacifier for little man
So, this probably isn't all we have done over the last couple of weeks, but it is a rough synopsis. Life has gotten a little crazy since our little man insists he is older than his birth certificate states. He is still a man of few words. We are working on it. Even with his limited vocabulary, the child is a brilliant mind. He understands everything I say. Which, I guess, only works for his advantage when he is trying to get his way. He has shown dirty looks and attitude this month. The dirty looks are so dirty, I don't know whether to cry or laugh. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This is not a dirty look, by the way, just a little boy enjoying some snow from last month.

As mentioned before, we had a parent/teacher conference at school. This was my first official conference. I was rather nervous going into it. I know my big man is a smart, lovable, and a social child. But, I am never sure how he acts when I am not around. The teacher had wonderful things to say about him--he recognizes his numbers and letters(although he still has a little work to do, as he gets a little distracted!), responds well to discipline, runs with a pack of boys, and is very social. I was pleased. With that, she also stated, on THREE different occasions, that he is really rambunctious, has lots of energy, and can get wild, in her words.."just a boy." She has four, so I knew that must mean she thought he was "normal". But, I did find it rather humorous that she followed it up with, "he also likes dramatic play (i.e. dressing up, pretending to be a doctor, pretending to be a grocer), and baby dolls." I laughed out loud. I tried to control myself. But, it confirmed what I already knew, even when I have "Wild Rumpus" days with him, I know that he has a tender heart, because that is the core of who he is--and I am thankful!
Sounds like a lot going on. I'm jealous of your verizon iphone...hopefully i can get one soon, too. Landon is the Linus in our family and we also have a 20 month old who thinks he's 4! It's so fun though. I'm glad you are enjoying motherhood too.
ReplyDelete