Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter Season Catch Up

April seems to have come and go, with little postings from the Parker clan.  At the end of the month, we were able to celebrate Mr. C turning the big number 4! It was certainly exciting and filled with lots of Batman flavor, considering everything we do, say, and think consists of Batman and his accomplices.  We kept the party relatively small, relocating the party normally done at our small abode, to a bounce house.  Perfect for this age group, and all the energy that goes along with it.  My friend, Ashley, made some superb cupcakes. I dabbled in making some cake pops (a new hobby of mine).  And, of course, Cade was extremely grateful for all the super hero gear he stocked up on from friends. And, with all the excitement, I didn't even get a good picture of the birthday boy!









My in-loves from New Jersey came swinging down for not only a fun party, but also a date night for Chad and I, and a quick trip to the National Zoo!  It was nearly a perfect weekend! 






Prior to our exciting celebration of Mr. C, we of course, celebrated Our Lord's resurrection!  We topped off an excellent  service at church, with our own family of 4's brunch, ending the day at my parent's house to welcome Melissa home from a two year stint in Kuwait!  In addition, I made some cute little chick cake pops to round out the  incredible meal my mother made!






The beginning of May has brought a celebration of Melissa's "almost here" baby girl.  We are so excited for a new addition into our family.  My boys are now completely outnumbered, although, not surprising since my immediate family consists of lots of estrogen.  I might have to do something about that!  Of course, I couldn't go without some cake pops making an appearance.  I think they fit nicely with Ashley's flower cupcakes! My mom did a fantastic job with all the little details of the shower.  And, Melissa made off with some wonderful gifts for the baby.  She looks ravishing! And even more awesome is that she is  2cm dilated and 70% effaced!! I'd say she wins the cutest pregnancy prize!
DSC_0074.jpg 
DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg


DSC_0100_2.jpg

With all these celebrations, we still were able to squeeze in some home haircuts, and some Easter egg hunts. As you can see the haircut was exciting:




 Some Easter Egg hunts with some of his favorites:








4 comments:

  1. I'm a fellow cake-popper ;) Yours are just darling! The boys look so cute, too, in their Easter outfits. Happy birthday to C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap! It doesn't seem as prissy as it sounds (4 girls to 2 boys) with Sophie headlocking Cade and wrestling him on the ground every chance she gets. You and Ashley should team up!! You have a knack for the art :) And love all the pics. especially great one of you all at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute family...I love all of the pictures and have missed your updates! Your cakes pops look awesome! I've been making them since the new year and love it too! I'm making some pirate pops for Benny's upcoming b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet! love all of the pics. i feel like i'm looking at one of chris' little kid pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete